Thursday, February 21, 2008

Dilemma

So I have a dilemma right now. A friend has asked me to help her with patternmaking for her company.

The dilemma is that if I help her, I will probably have to put my own line on hold again. (It's been on hold while I was taking care of sicky.) Since I have been putting it off for so long, I really don't want to continue delaying it.

But helping her would bring in extra money that we always could use, you know, with all the medical bills we have pouring in right now. I could also then put some of the money towards my own projects too. And the more capital I have for my own line, the better it will be & the easier it will be to get it really going.

My job has gotten a little more intense lately with more work & better projects. And I still have my commute, which will get longer here in the next couple of months when we move buildings. And I have the property business that takes time for me every week too. So really how much time do I want to spend working?

I don't have too many details yet on how much work it would entail though, so that part is hard to weight at this point I guess.

So really I guess the dilemma is do I put my own business on hold even longer to make additional money that we could really use? And that in the end would help my business?

What would you do if you were in my shoes?

3 comments:

ellen said...

That is a tough call to make. Do you have any free time? I can't answer this question for you I'm afraid. You have to weigh your desire to design for yourself against the little income pattern making would bring in. Mostly though, what would make you happy?

Coni Sanders said...

The medical bills will not be paid immediately by working on your line, but at what price does time and happiness come?

Yoda

beth said...

I have no idea what choice you will make, but whichever one you do, it's the right one.
My 2cents: can you find a way to compromise. Like every Tuesday and Thursday from 7-8pm you do nothing but brainstorm and come up with fabulous ideas for your line once you're done helping your friend and bringing in needed moula? I don't know - it's a tough call. But whichever you choose - good luck!