We closed on our next project on April 25. It is a lovely aqua colored brick house located in the North Park Hill neighborhood.
It is currently a 2 bed, 1 bath house with a study. The original porch was turned into an additional room with 2 storage sheds attached to the house. Both storage sheds were fully sheet-rocked & insulated on the inside. It appeared that they were used as bedrooms. This house is much cleaner than our last project. The paint colors are atrocious however.
Want to see before pictures, go here.
Our plan of action is:
- scrap popcorn ceiling off of living/dining room ceiling
- re-texture living room, dining room, bedrooms & study
- gut the existing bathroom
- gut the kitchen
- re-finish the hardwood floors
- new windows
- new roof
- paint the exterior of the house
- remove front fence
- tear down existing sheds
- move the washer/dryer hook-ups & hot water heater to new closet
- build master bedroom with closet & master bath on the existing patio foundation
- build family room on rest of patio foundation with french doors to backyard
- and, maybe, a little bit of yardwork
We are currently one week into the project. (By, we, I mean the contractors.) The new roof is on, the sheds have been torn down, the framing is up for the new master suite and family room, existing bath has been gutted, kitchen has been gutted and the front of the house is being prepared for re-texturing.
Want to see the progress, go here.