Wednesday, May 30, 2007

How to know when you have a good party

So how do you know if you throw a successful party where other people have as much fun as you did? This is how. (Thanks Connie, that made Ben & Margaret feel very good.)

Ben & Margaret did a great job pulling together a semi-surprise party for me to celebrate my 30th birthday. It was only a semi-surprise because I knew there was going to be a party, but that was all I knew. Not where it was, who was coming or anything else.

The theme was 70's Disco- Star Wars. Complete with a colored disco ball, lava lamp & Darth Vader pinata. I even got a beautiful brown & orange 70's dress to wear. The dress was called "Alice's date with Sam". That gives you some idea of what it looked like...

They even took the perfect baby picture of me & had it put on the cake:

Complete with the Bronco bib & Schlitz beer. (And no, I am not drinking the beer. I was only chewing on the cold, unopened can because I was teething. I didn't tolerate the taste of beer for another 17 years. And didn't like it for a few years after that.)

Unfortunately I do not have any pictures to post from the party. The only person who had a camera was my mother-in-law so I have to wait until she gets the pics developed.

It was a great day even though I felt yucky for most of it & did not get to eat any cake or drink any beer. I couldn't have asked for a better birthday :) Thank you to my loving husband & amazing sister for all the planning. And thanks to everyone who came to celebrate with us.

P.S.- if you are the person (or persons) who rearranged my kitchen drawers & shelves during the party, you made us smile. We still haven't put things back yet; we just keep opening the wrong drawers on a daily basis :)

1 comment:

ellen said...

Wah, I wish we could have been there! It does sound like it was a blast.