Tuesday, May 29, 2007

A new post finally....

OK so I know that I have not posted in awhile. At first is was because I was exhausted & sick from my trip. Then I was completely slammed at work & didn't have time to.

My return flight from Vietnam turned into a little bit of a mess. I had an 8 hour layover in the Seoul airport. Luckily I was upgraded to business so I could sit in the Red Carpet room & have a super comfy seat from Seoul to San Fran. Business class will spoil you. I had fillet Mignon for dinner with chocolate mouse for dessert. And my seat almost reclined completely flat. About 1 1/2 hours before we were supposed to land the pilot tells us that we are being diverted to Seattle because 2 f the 3 generators were out & we needed to land as soon as possible. From this point on we do not get any water or food. After we land, they keep us on the plane for 2 hours while they fix the problem. Surprise, surprise, they can't fix it. So we all have to get off the plane, go through customs & then get on other flights. I called my travel agent who was able to book me on a flight in the afternoon, which was good. Finally after going through customs & standing in line forever to get the ticket for my flight from Seattle to Denver, I get to eat. At this point is has been like 13 hours since I had food & water. I am exhausted & so hungry that I am starting to get dizzy.

I did count my blessings. At least this time I did not have to run through the world's largest airport to catch my connecting flight & get to the gate after the doors are closed. OR get stuck in the Bangladesh airport over night.

As I mentioned, I have been sick since I have been back. I go to the dr Thursday so they can figure out what is wrong & tell me whether I can travel back to Vietnam in 3 weeks or not...

More tomorrow... must get back to work so that I don't have to be here too late.

No comments: