Thursday, July 5, 2007

Fireworks & Work

We got to see an amazing fireworks show last night! We went to Progress Park again. It's a small park in Arapahoe County, right by Pirate's Cove. We were watching a show a few miles away when all of a sudden there was a HUGE boom behind us. I jumped about 3 feet into the air & the show began. We were so close that the shell casings & carbon bits were landing on us. When you are that close, the fireworks are amazing!!!!

I started my new job today. It is going to be a much more manageable position where I can actually do a good job, not just whatever it takes to get the job done. I have the world's smallest cubicle for the next month until my dept moves into a separate building. So far it seems good...

And here are a few pictures of the floors now that the furniture is all in place. The dining room floor still needs the gunk cleaned up & to be polished. But otherwise, I am happy with how they turned out. The added bonus is that the front of the house is no longer 8 million degrees; it has dropped to about 5 million degrees! That's what I get for having a west-facing house. though :)




1 comment:

ellen said...

The floors look fantastic!!! BTW, that is a great picture of all of you.

Can't wait to see you guys. Just a few more days!