Friday, July 20, 2007

I'm going to hurt tomorrow

So one of the cool benefits I get at work is weekly yoga classes at lunch. They are Wed & Fri. (Pilates is on Mon, but I'm not up for that yet.) I did my first yoga class today. Fridays the class is held outside by the lake. Luckily today it is not too hot, only 86, and there was a little bit of a breeze the last 15 minutes or so. The class was small only 9 people and the instructor.

I forgot how much I enjoy doing yoga. I love the relaxed, yet energized feeling that you have at the end of class. And the teacher was fabulous. She was one of those spiritual, earthy teachers. All through class she was talking about how these poses were tying us to nature, pull the energy from the sun & ground ourseleves in the dirt. I used to think teachers like her were crazy, but after having peppy cheerleader-type teachers, I found I enjoy yoga better with the crazy teachers.

Of course, since it has been 4 years since I regularly did yoga, I am going to hurt like crazy tomorrow. Guess I will just have to get up & do one of my videos.

No comments: