Tuesday, July 3, 2007

It's legal

I am now legally Susan Edna Grisinger. I spent the morning at the DMV & Social Security office getting my name changed. The DMV wasn't too bad. I won't know how the picture came out until my new lisence arrives in the mail....

The Social Security office was another matter. I was not there for long, maybe an hour, but it smelled bad, the air conidtioning was barely on & everyone was complaining about how long it was taking. When I came home all I wanted to do was take a shower.



In other news, both bedrooms to our condo are now painted. We chose a very nice neurtal called "Antique White". It looks great with the white trim & cherry floors. We had a couple look at it last night to do a lease to buy option. Hopefully they liked it & do not want us to paint the rest of it. But we are offering to paint it all in the antique white if needed. What do you think of the color?




On Sunday, we went 4x4 in Georgetown up Saxon Mountain so that we could get out of the heat. The car read 107 degrees on our way up!!! It was an easy trail with many tight switch backs so that my sister could work on her 4x4 skills. We made it about 1/2 way up the trail before Cade was feeling sick so Margaret (my sister) turned her Jeep around so we could head back down.





Here is a very pretty view while we were stopped so I could unlock my seat belt. Riding on a rocky road in the back seat while being busty is not fun. I have a bruise on my shoulder from the seat belt. This was about the only picture that came out clear. It's kind hard to hold a camera steady while driving over rocks :)






These are 2 rocks that my sister expertly maneuvered around without getting a single scratch on her beautiful red Jeep.





And here is where we took a right instead of a left & had to turn the Jeep around. The road became even too steep for the ATV'ers that came up behind us. They helped Ben turn the Jeep around. Where the guyin the white shirt is standing is pretty much the edge of the cliff. I didn't think to take picures of the steep hill or how high we were until we were back on the highway home. After a 12 point turn or so, we had the Jeep turned around & Maragret drove us back down the mountain.

No comments: